DVD / Blu-ray Authoring is the art of crafting (creative programming) an interactive DVD disc from still and moving images, sound and text. DVD Infinity have both the creative know-how and technical expertise to fulfil all your authoring needs. Our technicians author discs all day long and know how to create interactive masterpieces. We can either author from your existing resources or create new material to your specifications. We can assist you through the planning and design stage, capture video, film, negatives, slides, audio(from voiceovers, musical performances), combining this with digital files such as flash animation, word documents, graphics and text.
We can professionally author your DVD / Blu-ray disc to include
We can transfer/convert, author and duplicate from most formats onto DVD / Blu-ray Disc.
- opening and closing previews, credits, trailers, etc
- custom still and animated background menus with still and animated interactive controls
- interface design
- looping video footage, hidden menus, chapter markers
- high quality mastering and synchronisation of audio (mono, stereo and 5.1 channel) to multiple tracks
- multiple story branching
- video editing, special effects and transitions
- slide shows
- alternative camera angles for the same scene
- a variety of language and subtitle options
- 16mm film, 9.5mm, 8mm, Super 8mm (digitally scanned frame by frame)
- 3/4" U-matic Lo, Hi, SP
- Betacam Oxide, BetacamSP,Betacam SX, Betacam IMX
- Digital Betacam (DigiBeta or Digital Beta)
- MiniDV, S-VHS, VHS, VHS-C, Betamax, Video8, Hi8, Digital8, microMV
- AVCHD, HDV
- DVCAM, DVCPro(25 & 50)
- Negatives, most sizes
- Slides, most sizes
- Audio cassettes, vinyl records, 1/4" reel to reel audio tapes
- CDs, Minidiscs, Microcassettes, minicassettes
- Computer files – 3” floppy discs
- Paper based records
- Other formats on request
Once the authoring has been completed,
we use a variety of professional grade encoding (CBR & single and multipass VBR) techniques to ensure that the compression quality is optimised for DVD disc.
The disc image is then transferred to a recordable disc (either a DVD-R or DVD+R disc / BD-R Disc) for quality assurance, and approval by the customer for functionality.
Once the Master Disc is approved, we can duplicate or replicate
it if required.